Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE4_PhotoPeach

While I continue to work in Flash on my own, I decided to focus this week on the practical applications of PhotoPeach, an online application that offers a streamlined, intuitive process for children to put together slideshows of images, especially their own photos, along with text and music. I'd briefly reviewed PhotoPeach in another class awhile back and intended to go back and explore in greater depth. It seemed to offer an iMovie experience and result to kids in a PC school, and with the laptop cart I have available to me I can have all 19 students working on their own presentation. For digital storytelling the possibilities are endless. I'm posting a wonderful vision of its use with younger children below; this video by Deguchi is posted on the public-viewing page of PhotoPeach, and it is an example of a class project involving a concept (alphabet) a community pursuit (found objects resembling all 26 letters) and the features of PhotoPeach such as transitions and music.

Alphabets on the Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment